(Looking out at my new city.)
As you may know, I just scored a major deal with my dreams and have relocated from London to Los Angeles. When hearing the news, so many people said OMG YOU MANIFESTED THIS! and I said, yeah I did! But like many other words that get thrown around one a penny, manifest is one of the biggest.
So, how do you manifest? What does it actually mean? and how can we all get on this dream train.
A huge part of the way I work is to lay down the basics for living life in a more peaceful and less fearsome way. Every day I am in contact with people who are trying to change things about themselves or their lives but skipping ahead to the action and expecting results without really understanding why they are doing something in the first place. In my opinion it’s pretty hard to change things without knowing why you want to do it.
So this is a short and simple guide to what I believe is the manifesting process. You will find all sorts of explanations in books and online, this is just what I resonate with and what works for me and I want to share it with you! You can also let me know which areas you’d like me to dive in deeper with.
Ok, here we go!
A simple three step process to manifesting.
❤ 1. Intention
This shows you getting aligned with your plans, ideas, hopes and dreams. We need to have our ideas first right?
So how do you craft your intentions?
- Think from your highest place of love and health.
- Craft your ideas only from a positive source. Do not let fear be your root because it is not stable, nothing can grow from there that will serve you the best.
- Ask yourself: What do I really want to achieve here?
- Focus on your feeling, How do you want to feel?
- Be specific but not limiting: This may sound contra indicatory but the key here is to think expansively. For example say you are looking for a new job. If you are thinking in a limited way then you may hone in on only one possible outcome for yourself. Making an expansive intention would be thinking about the field or area that you are hoping to work in yet being open to unexpected opportunities. This is the basics of pulling in self love to the intention also – start with an open mind in order to be more creative with your thinking.
- Don’t limit yourself, dream the biggest dream, believe that you can, know that change is always possible.
❤ 2. Action
We need the action. No one has got anything they really wanted by waiting for it.
You cannot just daydream up what you want and wait for it to magically appear. You have to do the work.
- Put your intentions in to place and be practical. Action is a step by step process.
- Write a killer business plan, hey even write a killer life plan.
- Think expansively – this means being vulnerable, excited and open to all possibilities.
- What are the actions that you can take today to get things moving?
- Fear is immobilizing, when you take one step the Universe will push you two more. Do not be afraid.
- Recognise that fear of failure is normal but failure doesn’t exist.
- Care for your health. Manifesting isn’t about wearing out your adrenals. Don’t push yourself and never punish yourself.
- Stay present and get on with your days: I expected to hear news within 6 weeks and it took 12 months. Things did not plan out how I thought that they ‘should’ but they were in perfect timing. You mustn’t race off into the future even when manifesting! The present moment is the only thing that is real.
- Get yourself a dream buddy. Share your ideas and actions with a friend, check in with each other, support each other. Surrender together.
❤ 3. Surrender
- Now this is the big one! You know how I love the SURRENDER practice! – So you’ve made the intentions and then start acting and then what? —- Well you have to SURRENDER.
- You do not have to get controlling. Obsessing over what you want is like placing a jar over a butterfly and expecting it to fly.
- Nothing can come into reality unless it can breathe. Everything needs to be alive.
- The surrender process allows flow and for things to move as they should. Recognize that the intention and actions are your guide, then the surrender is the force that will take them to where they should go.
- SURRENDER THE OUTCOME – This was a big part of me and my visa process. I knew what I wanted and I knew the steps, but how can you accept that you might not get what you want?
- Know that the outcome will be perfectly aligned even if it is not what you originally had ‘planned’. This is a humbling and difficult process a lot of the time, and we often don’t get to see the why of a situation until further down the road. Trust that the meaning will become clear to you.
- When you surrender you free yourself up to receiving what is the best for you. I promise that you will not become ‘out of control’. There is in fact a lot less anxiety in surrender than in control.
(For when you feel unsure)
Obsessing over what you want is like placing a jar over a butterfly and expecting it to fly
As an example, this is a little of what the manifestation process looked like for my big move.
Intentions: I want to leave London, I want to live in LA! I love it there, it feels like home, I have so many friends there, I feel ready for a BIG adventure, I think it’s a great place to continue exploring my journey. The weather will be amazing for my autoimmune disease, I can work from anywhere, I feel at my best and most connected to myself when I am there. And so on. I didn’t make intentions because I wanted to hide from something or run away.
Action: I contacted a lawyer to just see what my options were. At this point I didn’t know what they were, but I knew that there was no point wishing and guessing, I needed concrete options. Then I started the process.
Surrender: This was the biggest surrender of my life to date. I wanted this, really was ready for it and my intuition and guidance from spirit was a big YES from day one. However, what would happen if it didn’t happen? My biggest fear was that if it didn’t work out how I planned then I would lose my faith in my journey. However to stay in the surrender I reminded myself that I had either way committed to moving away from London which was my primary intention and that was going to happen either way.
Everyday as per usual I woke up and said I SURRENDER. Every time I was afraid of what was ahead I knew that all was exactly as it should be. I chose to trust in my journey and deep down knew that whatever happened it was going to be just right.
Other things I did:
I got myself READY: this mean cleaning up and being totally ready to move. In another scenario – say you want to leave your job: Write a resignation letter and seal it up and keep it in a drawer. Energetically this creates the space for new opportunities to come in. For me, I did the clean up, I did my taxes and started planning what the outline of my life outside london would look like.
Oh and I wore palm tree trousers for most of the year ;)
Come and ask me your questions about manifesting over on Facebook.